We Are Gods Among Men

Welcome to Gods Among Men Roleply!! Don't forget to Register and Roleplay...otherwise Cerberus will get you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We Are Gods Among Men

Welcome to Gods Among Men Roleply!! Don't forget to Register and Roleplay...otherwise Cerberus will get you...

We Are Gods Among Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a roleplay forum that focuses solely on mythology. Gods, Goddesses, and such. It is NOT restricted to Greek, or Roman. All mythology is welcome.

4 posters

Persephone App

Persephone
    Persephone
    Admin

Persephone App Empty Persephone App

Post  Persephone Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Persephone App Myth_c10

Name Of Character Applying For: Persephone

Culture Character Came From: Greek

God/Goddess of: The Spring

Realm/Home: Persephone spends half of the year in Olympus with her mother, and the other half with her husband Hades, in the Underworld.

Physical Description: While in Olympus Persephone wears a white and gold toga over one shoulder that drapes down past her feet so that it trails around her and comes off more etherial. Her tunic underneath is comprised of what looks like gold bandages wrapped all around her chest. Her bandages from how the toga hangs over her left shoulder, draping down to her midsection where it folds over the black, intricately braided rope sash that ties around her. Persephone tends to wear no shoes, liking the feeling of the earth on her skin. Her hair drapes down to her waist in long straight locks, golden brown that lights a flame in the sun. While in Olympus she wears half of her hair up in a bun that hangs low and yet elegantly loose.
    In the Underworld Persephone wears a black toga with the same gold bandage type tunic underneath. She wears no shoes just as she does in Olympus and the sash that ties around her under her bust is a white and gold rope that tethers out at the ends after the tied knots. In the Underworld Persephone's toga is still long and drapes down and past her feet to trail, but in the Underworld there is a long slit on the right side that trails up to her hips. While in the Underworld she lets her hair fall free and she doesn't care to keep her sash tight and her clothes perfect as she would in Olympus. In the Underworld she's not judged and lets her true self really come out.
    On Earth Persephone has light brown-red hair that comes down to her waist but usually it only comes down to her bust line from hanging down from the pony-tail she wears. Persephone will most likely be seen wearing jeans, sandles, and a plain T, or her school uniform, consisting of a navy blue skirt or pair of slacks and a white button up shirt with a navy blue sweater, vest, or jacket. She wears knee high socks to school with plain black flats and wears her hair down and tied to the side so that it drapes over her right shoulder.
    Compared to her sisters, she does not have beautiful, enchanting grey or blue eyes. Persephone's eyes are an emeral green, framed with a dark black rim around the iris'. This tends to bother her father, not liking the dark ring around her eyes, tending to say that it was the fault of Hades and the Underworld. In any situation, this only makes her glad, knowing that her father dislikes them enough to try his hardest not to look into them. Persephone's skin is a golden kiss on slightly pale skin. She does not sport a tan no matter how long she stays in the sun for spring, but the sun has kissed her skin in loving strokes that evenly cover her from head to toe in the glowing peach tone that graces her skin.

Personal Description: Persephone is kind and gentle. She sees the good in anything and everything. She is loyal to top it all off and will do whatever she can to defend her husband in Olympus. She does not like the tale that she was stolen by Hades. He may have stolen her heart, but she gladly accepted it and went with him to the Underworld willingly. She cares for her mother deeply, but she loves Hades and will stay by his side. She is Queen of the Underworld, but she much rather enjoys playing with Cerberus than queenly duties. She wears no crown in the Underworld or on Olympus unless her husband asks it of her and then she only wears it for a small amount of time before taking it back off again. She fears only two people and that is her brother Ares, and her father Zeus. Zeus is cruel and merciless and knowing that her whole existence was something her mother was against...something that her father took from her mother. She knows she was the product of a terrible deed of abuse done to her mother, but knowing that her mother loves her makes it all the better, which is how she grew, learning to see the good in all bad situations. But every time she finds herself near her father she trembles in terror and jerks away when he tries to touch her. She fears him and wishes she could have eaten the entire pomegranate so that she could stay with Hades forever, but the thought of killing the Earth as a result weighed too heavily on her mind for her to even consider it.
    Persephone finds great comfort in her sisters, Athena and Artemis. She finds Artemis to be kind and loving, and Athena's rational way of thinking puts her at ease. Her brother Appallo, she admires very much. He is kind and gentle and she finds comfort in his arms when she's in Olympus. Her grandmother, Rhea, she is closest too, even more so than her mother. No one would know more than Rhea the love that she bears for Hades. And to her father's horror she does not fear Cronus, and she finds good in him, and even a certain likability. She often goes to visit Cronus. Though he is in Tartarus and cannot be killed, and is considered to be terrible and evil, she still enjoys his company, no matter how cruel he may be. No matter the threats or severity of them, Hades was Cronus' favorite child and she is the wife of him, yet she is the daughter of his most hated child, Zeus. When he threatens her, or her family all she does is smile and giggle. She does not see them as empty or idle, but still finds humor in his useless anger. Persephone harbors one seed of anger and that is for her father. She finds comfort in the threats made on Zeus by her grandfather and tries not to take them too much to heart, knowing that even if she let Cronus out and to Olympus, after Zeus was gone, Cronus would not be satisfied and would continue to rein just as mercilessly as Zeus, if not more.

Traits/Habits: Persephone's only trait seems to be that she is constantly surrounded by flowers. Where ever she stands, flowers bloom under her bare feet, even in the Underworld, she brings light to the darkest of places. She trembles when around her father and her hands are always in fists when she speaks to Ares.

Obsessions/Symbol(s): The pomegranate, bat, narcissus, poppy, and young grain for a short list. (She seriously has a lot!!!)

Weakness: Persephone's weakness is her father and nature. When lightning strikes, it burns all of her hard work with her mother, done on building up the land and sets it all to flames that destroy not only the nature, but Persephone's mind. She fears her father, creating her ultimate weakness, but mentally the only one she cannot stand up to is her husband. She onfides in him to set her mind at ease.

Why should you get the character?: I've been portraying and playing Persephone for going on four years now and I feel very confident that I can bring life and vitality to the character in a different way than is written in history. Hades may have been seen as cruel, but she never saw him that way in my book. I see only love between the two characters and I hope to bring it all with me. I believe that I am an advanced enough roleplayer to be able to handle an original Goddess that has many tales told about her, the most popular being the one that I disagree with. I believe I should be able to play Persephone because of the twist that I take on her, making her afraid of the perceived, good god, and hopelessly in love with the cliche, god of Death who is in fact, NOT the God of Death. He rules the Underworld but he is the God of Riches. Thanatos is the God of Death.

Sample Roleplay:

Amber fire hair whipped back as the three-headed hound of hell leaped forward. Enormous paws and heads, matched with the enormity of the body only, charging forward with incredible speed. Each move made was calculated, correct, and careful. There was precious cargo after all. Her amber, fiery hair whipped back again with another lunge of power. Her green eyes scanned the surrounding area with a cold intent to find any who dared follow the goddess. As usual, there was no one brave enough to pursue a three headed, monstrously sized hound from hell, with a snake for a tail. The eyes of this animal were always watching. From any direction, one could not approach the beast without being noticed.

Persephone turned back to the front, her black toga whipping back against her delicate skin. The journey would soon be over, and the peace of the ride soon ended with the anger of the beast loyal only to Hades and herself. The loyalty to herself though, was hard earned, and as she had found, even harder kept. Cerberus stopped then, ending her thoughts. The edge of the world of hell, the edge of the Underworld. The gates that separated the edge from the other side were reinforced with the power of Zeus' lightning bolt, though it didn't do any good to stop the one that brought him to this life. Cronus stood on the other side, his face contorted in a disdained anger. Yes, he had been dismembered by his children and then thrown here to be forgotten, but he was not. He had been reassembled by a pitying soul, and that very same one, was here to see him yet again.

"You're breaking rules again I see..." Was all he said as he concentrated on staring at the ground. Persephone's green eyes cast down to him from where she sat on Cerberus, one hand on his main head to calm him as he growled and hunched low for attack. "Would you care for me to leave then?" She asked, her voice soft and gentle as always, but hidden just behind was the hint of the dark side that Cronus loved to evoke from her. His wicked grin reached up to her and sent a chaotic shiver down her spine. Only Hades had been able to do that...but then again, Hades was the spitting image of his father. Sliding off of Cerberus she gave a reassuring pat to his leg and let him inch off and lay down for a well deserved nap.

"Now why would I want you to leave?" Was all that the God said as he moved to stand from the rock he used as a seat. Something he had fashioned almost like a throne, something to remind him of the old times. "You've come to see me again...and when your husband should be ravishing you no less." He scolded her with a complement and she smiled, almost dark. "You know just as well as I do Cronus, that there is talk of war among the Gods. The meetings in Olympus have not yet ceased, and even still, Hades has work to do in the Underworld. I cannot expect too much from him..." She explained, doing her best to keep her stature.

She stood tall in front of Cronus, but not tall enough to match him or Hades. She held her head high, but not so much as to be conceited. She was merely proud of her position in the Underworld and no matter how one would try and insult the matter, she would be even more proud. She made them uneasy, and that pleased her more than anything. Her eyes fell then onto his deviously desiring grin. "Do you expect something of me Cronus?" She asked stepping closer to the gate, her hands held together in front of her, elegantly folded. Cronus was almost laughing, he couldn't help it how much he wanted to rile her up again.

"You know just as well as I do princess, you came here because you missed me. Because I bring out of you what even your beloved Husband cannot." Persephone kept her head high, her eyes glaring into him. "And what would you know about-" "Let's stop playing these games Princess Undead..." He snapped. "We both know you're going to let me out of here, even if you do put me right back. You thought about me last night didn't you? When your precious Hades was in Olympus and you had to sleep alone. You missed me, don't deny that. So stop with the silly antics and just let me out!" Persephone smiled a dark, thinly devious smile, hinting at her elegance, but more to a darkness that was always bottled away. "You'd like to think that wouldn't you? Would that be because you missed me Cronus? Could it be that right now you're so worked up because you're feeling like a child that can't play with his favorite toy?" She cooed out to him, even as her hand crept up to the door and slid it open just barely.

Cronus stepped from the cage he was sentenced to and looked out into Tartarus. "You were the one that drug me out of there...and for that I said I could grant you what you wanted. Whatever it was. You still haven't decided that, and yet you still come to see me almost daily when you're in the Underworld." Persephone sighed and looked up to him, her small, slender fingers crawling over his shoulders. "Hush now Cronus...you know how I despise to be toyed with." She almost snapped. Cronus smiled down at her, all playfulness aside and only a dark intent left on his features, "Then by all means...let me toy with you..." His calloused fingers traced her full lips and she gave a trembled breath under the pressure of the touch. "What will we discuss today then? What stories have you prepared?" She asked, growing nervous and flushed. Her eyes shifted a moment before snapping up to lock on his. "Well I thought today we could make a story ourselves..." His voice rumbled darkly, rasped and dangerous as he took hold of her neck and tipped it back almost violently before kissing her lips roughly. When he shoved away she was flustered and panting, one of his hands already at the top of the slit in her toga. "This is one I want you to remember Persephone...so I won't be nice to you..." He growled and the two shoved to the cool stone ground and faded into the darkness of the Underworld.

Persephone couldn't help it, Cronus was charming and could lure her in so easily. She let him take her down into the depths of the land she called her home. She loved her husband, but there were still things Cronus knew that could surpass his son. Persephone was helpless to these dark men. There was nothing more she could do to them, except submit- to desire or love, it didn't matter anymore. She was theirs, but only one knew they would have to share her, that is for now. Who knows when Hades would find out? Would he be angered? Or indifferent?
    Artemis
    Artemis
    Admin

Persephone App Empty Re: Persephone App

Post  Artemis Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Very well done and highly detailed. I also love how you added your own touch to her opinions of Hades and Zeus! C: BRILLIANT AS EVER!

APPLICATION APPROVED
    Persephone
    Persephone
    Admin

Post  Persephone Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Haha, oh you know I just had to! There was no way that I couldn't! I see them the way that I see them. I like her with Hades and I hate Zeus! He's a whore! And I mean that! He has sex with just about EVERYTHING! lol sorry. I have a mythology book and I'm not happy with them saying that Persephone had kids with Zeus and I'm like HELL NO! FUCK THAT! NOT IN MY UNIVERSE! THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF ONLY MY OPINION MATTERS!!! So sorry if I rant about Zeus....
    Athena
    Athena

Persephone App Empty Your Views

Post  Athena Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:57 am

Well that is why no one has taken that character yes? I mean look at all the forms he takes just to seduce the women, A swan? A bull? I mean really?!? Can you really not get any from the wife you have at home?
    Persephone
    Persephone
    Admin

Post  Persephone Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 am

Haha nice Athena. I completely agree.
    Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Admin

Post  Cerberus Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:18 am

APP APPROVED

Well done as usual, you nailed it darl'un!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 pm