We Are Gods Among Men

Welcome to Gods Among Men Roleply!! Don't forget to Register and Roleplay...otherwise Cerberus will get you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

We Are Gods Among Men

Welcome to Gods Among Men Roleply!! Don't forget to Register and Roleplay...otherwise Cerberus will get you...

We Are Gods Among Men

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a roleplay forum that focuses solely on mythology. Gods, Goddesses, and such. It is NOT restricted to Greek, or Roman. All mythology is welcome.

2 posters

Eris application needs approval~

Eris
    Eris

Eris application needs approval~ Empty Eris application needs approval~

Post  Eris Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Name of Character applying for: Eris

Culture character comes from: Greek Mythology

God/Goddess of: Chaos and Discord

Home/Realm: Tartarus

Physical Appearance: Eris is truly a goddess to be feared. She has pale skin, waist long dark brown(black hair) and dark brown eyes that shine with a devilish light. In her home realm, Tartarus, she is seen wearing a dark red over the shoulder tunic or a black dress that looks like cascading darkness. On Earth, Eris has taken a liking to leather and wears a black tank top, leather jacket, leather pants and leather boots.

Physical Description: Eris is the daughter of Nyx, the goddess of the night and of her consort Erebus. Many versions of her birth have been recorded and changed but she is the daughter of Nyx. 
    Her influence can be felt in every quarrel, feud and disagreement on the face of the earth and on the heights of Mount Olympus. She is feared and respected for her eternal and unforgiving rage and, though despised by the Olympians, not even they dare to confront her.
    Different depictions of Eris are rewritten in Greek mythology such as she being the twin sister of Ares, the God of War and being his constant companion on the battlefield.

Traits/Habits: Being the goddess of chaos, Eris prefers things out of order. She is very demanding and unforgiving. She is the last to leave the battlefield as she likes to soak up all the suffering she has caused. She finds enjoyment in causing trouble and discord among mortals which displeases Zeus. Despite her bad temper, Eris can be calm and generous but this is very rare.

She is a master manipulator and very observant on finding weaknesses. She liked to fill mortals hearts with darkness and hatred and watch as they kill one another. Her one goal in life is to ruin yours.

Symbols: golden apple, five fingered hand of Eris

Why Should You Get The Character?: During school, I was fascinated with Greek Mythology. When I was younger, Dreamworks did an animated movie with Eris titled Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. Eris was voiced by Michelle Pfeiffer, who is one of my favorite actresses and I began to study this goddess. I learned that Eris shares similar traits with the Norse god, Loki, since both are mischief makers and outcasted by the other Gods/Goddesses. I also have experience in lit role playing evil characters like Eris and I think it will be fun to cause chaos.

Weakness: (None)

Sample Roleplay:

Eris was bored in her home realm of Tartarus. She decided that maybe she should play with some of the mortals. Going over to look down at the mortal world, Eris chuckled to herself.

"Beautiful, isn't it? I pull one little thread and that sends the world into wondrous and beautiful chaos~"

She chuckled and after seeing her newest victim, a sly smirk went to her lips. Holding on to her precious Apple of Discord, she raised her hand up into the air.

"Let the games begin~"
    Persephone
    Persephone
    Admin

Eris application needs approval~ Empty Re: Eris application needs approval~

Post  Persephone Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:43 am

APPROVED APPROVED!!!!!!

Okay, so let me start with the only two things I nitpicked at. One, the weakness, and two, the sample rp.

The first, I'm sure you're right that she doesn't have a weakness fighting wise, but if you don't mind letting us know a weakness of hers like for me, I have a weakness for Chocolate and reading and music. Just something she is drawn to. This was an amazing submission and I don't want you to think that I'm complaining, I'm not. I ADORED this.

The other thing was the sample rp. Upon looking at it I was worried when I saw how small it was. Then I read it. Holy hell... that was amazing and gave me chills. I am so happy to approve this character for you! I mean normally I'm a sucker for the details and the descriptions and I want to know what everything looks like, but I honestly got the terrifyingly mad character that you were portraying there and I loved every second of that short bit where you pulled me into your world. Thank you for submitting this character! I look forward to seeing what will be around the corner with you.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 am